Thursday, July 7, 2011

Bo knows...

...the Serenity Prayer! Our church is studying the prayer this summer so we started reading it to him at bedtime so that he could become more familiar with it. Bo quickly learned the words (well, most of them) and he now insists on saying the prayer every day before nap and bedtime. He's already learned all of the words so all of you WFUMC members can/should too. :)


In case you aren't familiar with the prayer, this is what he is saying:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace.
Taking, as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it,
Trusting that you will make all things right if I surrender to your will
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with you
forever in the next.

No comments: